Located on the second floor of the Chateau de Ferrieres, “the exhibition consists of 10 rooms reserved for paintings and sculptures by 12 artists, working in the style of old masters, have aconfidential production of 5 to 15 works per year.
Purchased by collectors and patrons, this work is little media coverage hence the importance of this museum whose mission is to promote the art form called “fantastic realism” by the media. Eachroom has been attributed to an artist, it intends to exhibit his work for a few months to get it into the trading system of galleries and exhibitions. This form of exposure has the advantage of creating a space for changing successive visits without finding the same works.
The Castle of Ferrieres, located in a green, forms a visionary in perfect harmony with the worldintrospective exhibitors. This magical place where there are fairies, trolls, monsters and dreamlike visions between counterpoint with statues, columns and ceilings of the building.
This set is a showcase of fantastic art governed by a non-profit association (1901 law), any form ofbusiness transaction is excluded in the castle.
This museum, located in part of the “Fondation Marie-Helene and Guy de Rothschild,” was made possible with the help of the Chancellery of the Universities of Paris.
High from 1855 to 1859 for Baron James de Rothschild. The style of this castle is that of the Italian Renaissance, as understood in the middle of last century. The ground floor, devoted in most parts of receipt, and the floor where the bedrooms were willing to take on the beautiful prospects of English park.
The architect of the English Ferrieres was Joseph Paxton, self-taught genius, designer of gardens and greenhouses, author of the Crystal Palace in London. A French painter, Eugene Lami, took charge of the decoration.
The castle received memorable visits, including one particularly magnificent, of Napoleon III in 1862,and the meeting in 1870, Bismarck and Jules Favre. In 1940, Ferrieres was occupied and its collections found their way to Germany. The castle remained uninhabited until 1959. Its restoration is the work of Baron Guy and his wife Marie-Helene de Rothschild, who bequeathed a substantial part of the domain, with the castle, at the Chancellery of the Universities of Paris.
Foundations as the Marie-Hélène and Guy de Rothschild, Ferrieres is destined to become a center of study and intellectual contemplation and a place for meetings and academic conferences devoted to current art and literature.
For further information:
Ms. Munch – Chancellery of the Universities of Paris – Castle of Ferrieres
77164 Ferrieres-en-Brie – Tel: +33 220.127.116.11.25 – Fax: +33 1.64.66.03.15
Chairman of the Museum of the Imagination
Castle of Ferrieres
Tel: +33 6 70 95 13 44