Lukáš Kándl, Czech born Magic Realist painter, brings together a group of the best contemporary international artists to present a fantastic, surreal, imaginary and visionary world, around a set of fundamental values based on openness, sharing, group spirit, superb technical quality and master of the craft.
This work, is a contiguous combination of 10, 30 or more paintings will be only one of many possible visualization options of each individual creation. This original idea takes its roots from the “Cadavre Exquis”, a game reinvented by the surrealists.
The game goes that each artist in a group would contribute one part of a complete art piece without knowing what the final creation will look like. This allows each individual artist to fully express his/her whole creativity while keeping a link with the creation of others.
The choice of the theme was inspired by Jacques Prévert as a tribute to one of the spiritual leaders of the surrealist movement at the beginning of last century.
The goal of the project is to promote Magic Realism in Europe, and in the world, by:
- Creating an outstanding, original and far reaching event available to the public at large
- Largest collective magic realistic painting in the world
- Best international contemporary magic realistic artists
- First “ange exquis” (exquisite angel) in the world- Dynamic exhibition, continuously renewed
- Using the strength of the group.
- Federate a group of international artists, sharing the same technical perfection around a highly spiritual theme and a profound group spirit.
- Presenting the public with an exceptional portfolio of the best contemporary magic realistic paintings at in Europe and in the world.
To date (2011) the group has had five themed exhibitions.
- 2006 – l’Ange Exquis (Exquisite Angel)
- 2007 – Exlamations!
- 2008 – Divine Comodie
- 2009 – Black and White
- 2010 – $1,000,000 Bank Notes